If you have been indulging in any kind of sexual activity- oral or proper intercourse or genital touching then the chances of you getting infected with an STD.
Sexually Transmitted Disease is quite possible if you have not taken the right precaution. It hardly matters whether the person who had involved into sexual activity is married, straight, single or gay, he could be sinecure to the symptoms of STD or STI.
Assuming that your partner is not suffering from it cannot be regarded as precautionary measures and even condoms could restrict the matter to a limit but not completely.
There are no fixed symptoms of STD and if you think the symptoms are less complicated then they can be easily treated or else in serious conditions you need to undergo complicated treatment.
If you are diagnosed for STD then it becomes compulsory that not only you undergo the right treatment but at the same time you ensure that your partner is informed about it and is treated immediately.
If this problem is not treated on time then the victim may get affected by HIV too or in some cases, the patient may become infertile.
Generally, STD comes without any symptoms but even in the absence of any visible symptoms of STD infection could be transferred to your partner, so one should never avoid using condoms while having sex.
Visit the doctor at regular interval to so that you can learn if you are suffering from any infection and treat it before it is too late.
Hepatitis could be transferred without sexual contact whereas gonorrhea can only be transferred after indulging in sexual activity.
STD Symptoms of 10 Most common Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Trichomonas vaginalis, One- celled microscopic parasite lead to Trichomoniasis STI. This infection occurs when someone gets involved in a sexual activity with someone who is already affected by it.
Male’s urinary tract is infected through it without displaying any symptom.
Female’s vagina gets infected through it.
It takes approx 5-28 days for trichomoniasis to reflect the infection in anyone and from slight irritation this infection may lead to unbearable inflammation.
The common signs of Trichomonas are:
- Discharge through penis with itching and irritation
- Strong and strange odor from vagina with itching and irritation
- Pain while passing urine
- Pain while intercourse
- Colorless, greenish, yellowish or greenish discharge through the vagina
In your genital tract, this bacterial infection occurs. It is tough to detect it in an early stage as commonly no symptoms are exhibited then.
The symptoms start occurring after 1-3 weeks of this infection but still are too negligible.
The common Chlamydia symptoms are:
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Pain while passing urine
- Discharge from vagina and penis
- Painful intercourse
- Testicular pain in male
Take Chlamydia Test, if you see these symptoms.
This is another genital tract bacterial infection. Gonorrhea infection may occur in the throat, eyes, anus, and mouth within ten days but in some cases even after months of infection, no symptoms are reflected.
Certain Gonorrhea symptoms are:
- Excessive pain during bowel movements and urination
- Itching in anal
- Sticky, bloody or thick discharge from vagina or penis
- Sore and swollen testicles
- Bleeding between periods
Take Gonorrhea Test, if you see these symptoms.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus restricts the potential of the human to fight against fungi, virus, and bacteria that lead to a serious ailment.
It could lead to AIDS, which is a life threatening disease. The infected person may get flu within 2-6 weeks after getting infected but the best way to know about it is through HIV test.
- A sore throat
- A headache
- Swollen Lymph Glands
After being infected the other symptoms may occur like:
- Weight Loss
- Swollen Lymph Nodes
- A cough and breathing issues
Later stage HIV infection
- Excessive night sweats
- Chronic diarrhea
- Continuous issues of fatigue
- Continuous high fever for more than a month
- A frequent headache
- Lymph node swelling for approx 3 months or more
- Random infections
Human Papilloma Virus infection & Genital warts signs
HPV Infection can lead a female to cervical cancer or genital warts.
- Bleeding during intercourse
- Itching in the genital area
- Together warts take cauliflower shape
- Small, gray or patchy swellings in the genital areas.
Generally, genital warts come without symptoms and may be of 1 millimeter in size or in clusters.
In a female, it grows on vaginal walls, space between anus and external genitals, cervix and vulva.
In a male, it occurs in the scrotum, anus or penis tip. It may occur in throat and mouth if you are involved with oral sex with an infected person.
Genital Herpes Symptoms
Genital Herpes occurs due to the entry of herpes simplex virus in mucous membrane or skin. The early signs are too mild. The first phase of signs may last for a decade is too pathetic and hardly a patient can see the second phase.
- Itching or sore in hips, genital area, and delicate thighs.
- Blisters, red bumps or ulcers in anal and nearby areas.
Initially, immense itching and pay may be experienced after getting physically involved with an infected partner.
It is followed by red bumps which rupture and later starts bleeding. These wounds later get scabs and soon the ulcer will get heal.
In a female, it occurs in vagina, hips, cervix and external genitals. In the male, the sores erupt in hip, thighs, anus, scrotum, buttocks and internally through the urethra.
Urination becomes extremely painful with swelling in genital areas. Flu, muscle pain, headache, and fever may occur with groin’s lymph node swelling.
Take The Herpes test if you see these symptoms.
Hepatitis A, B, and C had an adverse effect over the liver and Hepatitis B and C is dangerous than all.
- Appetite loss
- Vomiting and nausea
- Muscular pain
- Dark urine
- Abdominal pain
Take Hepatitis test if you see these symptoms.
Syphilis infects mucous membrane, skin, genitals and most of the other delicate body part including heart and brain.
- Primary Syphilis- takes 10 days -3 months to display after being infected resulting in painless single or multiple sores in the infected body area (common tongue, lips, genital and rectums). Treatment may or may not be treated but it may reappear later if not treated.
- Secondary Syphilis- signs of this infection are fever, fatigue and vomiting, penny-sized red or brown sore in any body part, pain, soreness, and swollen lymph nodes. Without any treatment, this infection may vanish for almost a year.
- Latent Syphilis- no special symptoms and the sign of the second stage may be repeated and pushing it to the tertiary stage.
- Tertiary Syphilis- it may spread badly leaving you with dangerous injury or irreparable organ damages. Signs of this infection are paralysis, blindness, numbness, coordination lacking and Dementia.
Congenital syphilis occurs when an infected mother transfers this disease to the baby in her womb. It may cause disability and life-threatening and hence it needs to be treated immediately.
Take the syphilis test if you see these symptoms.
This infection directly affects the nervous system and comes without any prior symptoms.
- Movement issues
- Behavioral issues
- A headache
Visit your doctor if you find any such symptoms in you after getting into a sexual relationships with anyone. If it is treated on time then you will not only be saving your life but at the same time, you can help others from getting infected.